Making a suggestion
You can submit your suggestions through the OmaStadi website between 2 and 15 October 2023. You can register your proposals for OmaStadi until the 15.10.2023 at 11pm. suggestions can be related to anything the city does. Anyone aged 13 or over can use the OmaStadi website to submit suggestions for the development of the city.
Before you submit your suggestion, make sure to utilise the “Information about districts” pages. When you learn more about your residential area, you can prepare a suggestion that has a purpose and will benefit as many residents as possible. The website contains statistics about residents and local services. You can also find the city’s regional plans on the site. In addition, you can find price examples of what a particular service provided by the city or an improvement related to the environment, for example, costs.
In early October, the city will host many events where you can brainstorm suggestions together with other city residents. You can also submit your own suggestion for the development of the city.
You can submit your suggestion electronically on the OmaStadi website. In order to submit a suggestion, you must register as a user in the service. If you are submitting a suggestion as a group, you need to select one person who submits the suggestion on the site. The city informs those who have submitted suggestions on the progress of the OmaStadi process and invites them to participate in the development of the OmaStadi suggestions to be implemented.
If you need help with submitting your suggestion, see the illustrated instruction. You can also check the events page to see where you can get advice for making a suggestion.
Guidelines to make a proposal
1.To make a proposal you must sign into the website https://omastadi.hel.fi.
2. If you don’t have an account yet you must create one. This view below opens when you have clicked “sign in”. Next click “Create an account”.
3. When you have signed in with your account, you can submit a proposal.
4. Before you could make a proposal, you must turn your profile public. This view below opens when you have clicked “Submit a suggestion”. Then click “Make your profile public”.
5. Confidentiality notification appears and to continue push “I agree to have my profile made public”. Then click “save” below.
6. In this section actual proposal making starts. First choose the area where you want to place your proposal. If you want you can click “Show on map” to add more precise address to your proposal.
7. Next create a title to your suggestion.
8. To choose a theme click selection below.
9. At this point describe your proposal in the box below. Then you have three buttons. If you are not satisfied with your proposal, you can click “Discard this draft”. If you want to finish your proposal later press “Save draft”. Press “Create and preview” when you think your proposal is ready.
10. This is the last part of making a proposal which opens when you have clicked “Create and preview”. At this point you have chance to modify your proposal one last time. If your proposal is ready press “Publish”.
After you have published proposal you can change your account back to private if you want. Press your account in upper right corner at the screen. Then a selection opens which is described in photo number eleven. Press “Account information”.
12. After pressing “Account information” choose “Privacy settings” from selection.
13. Click “Enable public profile”.
14. After that press “Save privacy settings”. Then you are ready.