What is co-creation?
Co-creation is the process of developing approved ideas into proposals that match the OmaStadi criteria. None of the proposed ideas can proceed directly to the voting phase, and instead, all the approved ideas will first be refined and similar ideas will be combined. You can take part in the co-creation by joining co-creation workshops or visiting omastadi.hel.fi. The City’s experts will work together with residents in developing the proposals further.
Co-creation on OmaStadi website and in workshops
The co-creation phase will begin with the refining of the ideas and combining them into proposals. In January and February, we will be organising a set of local workshops, one for each area’s ideas. The workshops’ purpose is to bring ideas and the City’s residents together and provide help in forming idea combinations and submitting proposals.
The co-creation will continue in March and April, when the proposals will be finalised together with the City’s experts. The finalisation phase will take place on the OmaStadi website and in theme workshops. The theme workshops will be organised for residents who have submitted their proposals, joined by experts from the City’s divisions.
During March-April, city experts will participate in the development of proposals together with city residents. Experts will comment on the proposals on the OmaStadi website and in addition, the city will organize teemaraksa online workshops. The aim of the workshops is to finalize the proposalt together with experts and citizens.
Teemaraksa workshops bring together proposals from citizens around the city on the same theme, which then are discussed with an expert in the field. The aim of the thematic workshop is for experts and citizens to work together to finalize the proposals so that they are feasible and meet the omatadi criteria. Not all the proposals will be addressed in thematic workshops. Co-development has been done during the spring on the omastadi website and some of the proposals have already been completed so that they do not need to be discussed in Teemaraksa workshops.
Once the co-creation phase is over, the City’s experts will draw up a cost estimate for the proposals. The voting on the proposals will be held in autumn 2021.
More information and help is available from your area’s Borough Liaison. Their contact details can be found on the instructions page.
- Ideas. People in Helsinki submit ideas to OmaStadi website 5.-25.10.2020.
- Co-creation January-April 2021. Alueraksa workshops: From ideas to proposals. In Alueraksa workshops citizens create proposals from ideas and co-reation on omastadi.hel.fi starts.
- Co-creation January-April 2021. Teemaraksa workshops: Developing proposals. In Teemaraksa workshops City specialists and citizens develop proposals together. You can follow and comment proposals on OmaStadi website.
- Cost estimate. The City draws cost estimates for the proposals. May-August 2021.
- Finalized Proposals. The proposals are ready for voting. August 2021.
- Voting. Fall 2021.