Frequently asked questions
1. Can a recording of the co-creation info event be watched later?
A recording will be available on the OmaStadi website with subtitles in Finnish, Swedish and English.
2. Who is the liaison for the entire City and at which Raksa event are ideas for the entire city discussed?
No liaison has been appointed for the entire City, so you can contact the liaison of any area. A dedicated local workshop is held for ideas for the entire city.
You can find all workshop schedules here: https://omastadi.hel.fi/pages/yhteiskehittaminen-tyopajoissa?locale=en.
3. Where can I see which area I am in?
You can check the area division here: https://omastadi.hel.fi/pages/alueet-ja-maararahat?locale=en.
4. What makes an idea a proposal?
A proposal consists of one or more approved ideas. Similar ideas concerning the same service or location will be combined into a single proposal at OmaStadi.
5. When can a proposal be opened and can it be edited?
Proposals must be created by 28 February, and they can be edited until 30 April.
6. Does the person who created the idea submit a proposal concerning it, or can it be done by someone else?
Everyone is allowed to submit proposals based on all ideas, and the person who opened the proposal can ask others to take part in developing it by pressing the ‘Add authors for proposal’ button in the proposal view.
7. A proposal that interests me has been opened on the website. How can I take part in developing it?
You can request rights to edit the proposal by pressing the ‘Request access to edit’ button in the proposal view or by taking part in the discussion in the comment section.
8. My idea has been selected for the next phase, and there are other similar ideas on the website. Can I contact the authors of these ideas before the events and what is the easiest way?
You can contact the authors of ideas in the comment section, for example.
9. I would like to attach a suitable idea to my proposal. Do I have to ask the author of the idea for permission?
No. Anyone can attach ideas to their proposal freely. However, if you want to, you can invite the author of the idea to take part in developing your proposal, for example.
10. How are ideas grouped by area?
Ideas that are similar or related to the same service or location are grouped together by area. The idea is that the ideas of these groups could be merged and attached to one proposal. The likelyhood of a proposal’s success in the voting will increase if it serves a larger group of people. You can see the groupings here: https://omastadi.hel.fi/pages/ideoidenryhmittelytalueittain?locale=en
11. Are these combinations of ideas definitive?
The groupings are recommendations, and ultimately, residents are responsible for and decide on combining ideas. However, if two similar ideas are to be voted on, they will be combined.
12. On what grounds is a proposal considered to pertain to an area or the entire city?
If a proposal can be implemented in all of the city or it is considered to serve all residents, you should consider placing it in the category of proposals for the entire city. If necessary, you can contact your local borough liaison.
13. Can I create more than one proposal on one user account?
Yes, the same user can create several proposals. However, only one proposal draft can be opened at a time. In other words, when you have published one proposal, you can start working on another one.
14. I have not created any ideas or proposals. Can I still take part in workshops?
Yes you can. Any resident can attend events and take part in developing ideas that interest them.
15. How are those with limited IT skills taken into consideration in the co-creation process? What about those whose first language is not Finnish?
Digital support is available for taking part in workshops. You can also ask the borough liaisons directly for help with creating a proposal.
The co-operation organisations of OmaStadi provide support for different language groups. You can also ask the borough liaisons for help.