Here is how to submit an idea
If you want to submit an idea on the OmaStadi website, you must first register as a user and log in. Your name or the name of an entity you represent will not be displayed with the idea. If your idea is a group effort, select one person whose profile will be used to submit the idea. If you want to delete an idea that was created by a group and has already been submitted, please remember to notify all the members of said group.
After logging in, you can submit ideas and leave comments on other users’ ideas. Ideas are submitted on the website by using a form, and the mandatory fields on this form have been marked with asterisks. The form can be viewed without registering.
- Give your idea a name or a title that tells other users what the idea is about.
- Write a description of the idea, providing details about it. You should also explain in the description what sort of problems your idea can be used to solve, who can benefit from the idea and who has taken part in planning it.
- Choose the implementation area for your idea. It can pertain to a specific location within an individual borough or cover an entire major district. You can also submit ideas connected to several areas around Helsinki instead of a single borough. If this is applicable, select ‘All of Helsinki’ (Helsingin yhteinen) as the implementation area.
- Choose an appropriate theme for your idea from the options.
- You can attach one image, which will be displayed together with the idea. Additionally, you can include images and other files as attachments to help illustrate your idea. All images and attachments must include names and descriptions. The maximum image size is 5 MB. A horizontal image is preferable as the main image, but the other images and attachments may be either horizontal or vertical in orientation.
- Once you are done, save your idea. You can also save your idea as a draft and publish it later. At this point, your idea will not yet be visible to others and you can find it in your own profile.
- Once you have saved it, a preview window will open. If no further editing is necessary, you can now publish your idea.
- Once published, your idea will be displayed on the OmaStadi website. After publishing an idea, you will have 60 minutes to make changes. Editing will not be possible once the time is up. You may also delete an idea you have previously published.
Before submitting an idea, please read through OmaStadi’s criteria. You may submit an idea even if you are unsure whether it meets all the criteria. The City’s experts will perform a preliminary review of all the ideas, and only those that match the criteria will proceed to the co-creation phase.
Take advantage of the information compiled on the website when creating your idea. You can access the City’s area-specific plans, policies and decisions, as well as examples of project and procurement costs, among other things. Information to help you plan your idea can be found on the Information page. You may submit an idea even if you do not know what its implementation might cost. The City’s experts will estimate the costs when the ideas are being developed into proposals. Once the co-creation phase is over, the City will create the final cost estimate for the proposals.
Please remember to view ideas submitted by other people to avoid duplicates. Any overlapping ideas connected to the same entity, area or service will be combined into a single proposal during the co-creation phase.